Destination Management Organisation Director, Lankaran Office
Inspire with us for holidays in Azerbaijan!
Azerbaijan Tourism Board (ATB) is Azerbaijan’s national tourism organization. Our core tasks include the management of the "Holiday in Azerbaijan" brand, innovative marketing in the most internationally promising markets and the transfer of our knowledge of guests and markets to the domestic tourism industry. In this way we make an important contribution to the competitiveness of the holiday destination Azerbaijan.
The State Tourism Agency (STA) and ATB are in the process of establishing a Destination Management Organisation (DMO) in Lankaran which will be responsible for the rayons of Lankaran, Lerik, Masalli and Astara. The overall purpose of the DMO will be to lead, co-ordinate, promote, and manage the long-term sustainable development and marketing of the region and make an important contribution to its competitiveness and attractiveness as a holiday destination.
The Director, DMO Lankaran Office, is responsible for representing STA / ATB at the destination level and working closely with the public and private sector at local, regional, national and international levels as well as with the local community and with visitors to market and promote the destination, facilitate the sustainable development of its tourism products, and support in the development of a skilled and capable tourism workforce and the can deliver quality tourism goods and services.
Essential duties and responsibilities
• Manage day-to-day activities of the DMO, establishing its overall goals and overseeing operations, sales and marketing strategies and functions in accordance with the objectives of STA / ATB and the region’s Destination Management Plan
• Represent STA / ATB at the destination level and participate and represent the STA / ATB at destination events and meetings
• Develop and implement workflow processes and organizational structure and manage internal and external relationships
• Directly manage, coach, and develop the regional DMO team, develop and maintain effective organisational policies, and ensure all activities are implemented within the established policies, guidelines, laws and ethical standards
• Work closely with the public and private sector at local, regional and national levels as well as with the local community and with visitors themselves and lead / facilitate / collaborate their efforts to ensure their participation and involvement in key industry and organisational initiatives
• Develop itineraries and attend familiarization trips with visiting delegations from the private and public sector and provide detailed commentary about the region’s tourism
• Attend local and regional level public sector meetings representing the interests of STA / ATB and the tourism sector in general
• Co-ordinate / support tourism festivals and events within the local or regional area
• Conduct tourism product assessments and prepare technical reports to STA / ATB head office
• Work with STA / ATB head office to communicate policy and regulation advice to Executive Powers and other government and non-government organisations
• Manage the budget, staff and implementation of events, meetings, campaigns
• Produce regular progress reports to STA / ATB
Requirements Education and/or Experience:
• Post graduate degree in Business Management / Hospitality Management / Tourism Development / Tourism Marketing / Regional Development / Economy (majoring in local culture, history, regions, etc.)
• At least 3 years’ senior or middle management experience in tourism sector
• Proven supervisory experience
• Awareness / understanding of the Lankaran-Masali-Astara-Lerik region as a tourism destination
• Experience in development, formulation and implementation of strategic initiatives
• Experience managing and controlling a financial budget
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral in Azerbaijani and English
• Computer literate
• Not essential, but considered favorably is: o Long term resident of Lankaran
o Experience in public-private partnerships or co-ordination activities
o Experience in multicultural environment / international projects
o Experience in a business start-up
Please note, the duty station is in Lankaran city.
How to apply
Candidates are requested to send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org until 1 September 2019. Please indicate the name of the position (Director Lankaran DMO) you are applying for in the subject line of the email. Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the further stages of the recruitment process.